Action Contre la Faim (ACF) is an international non-governmental organization working in more than 40 countries in the fields of nutrition, food security and livelihoods, water sanitation and hygiene, and care practices. ACF is looking for its program in the Kurdistan Regional Government for one (1) Distribution Logistician (M/W).
Work place: Erbil
Type of contract: fixed-term contract of 3 months (with possible extension)
Assignments: Manages the store: food, equipment, hygiene products
- Manage the food transportation and delivery ( Organise and supervise the transport to the distribution points of the food, Complete the various dispatch documents, Organise and supervise loading / unloading of the food commodities and distribution sites)
- Manage the stock (Identify the commodity entering and outing and check the quality and quantity, ensure follow-up of stocks and pay particular attention to use-by dates of food, draw up a monthly inventory and write an inventory report of food commodities movement )
- Check the quality of the food stuff to be stocked (Ensure that the stores are hygienic and clean, examine the deliveries- quantity, quality, documentation and report any problem with the quality, check the sanitary conditions of the products entering, remove infected products and inform the base logistician)
Lower high school leaving certificate or equivalent, training in stock management and experience as a storekeeper
Required skills: Command of reading and writing –Command of arithmetic – Knowledge of English - rigorous – meticulous - Languages skills (oral and/or written, Arabic, Sorani, Badini, English).
How to apply:
The application period closes on March 20th 2014.
Applicants may submit their cover letter and resume (including 2 professional references) in English to:
- email@example.com (please note the job offer reference in the email object)
- ACF office 240/9/815 Shlama Ashti, Ainkawa, Erbil in a sealed envelope specifying job offer reference
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Due to the urgency of this position, applications will be short listed on a regular basis and interviews maybe performed before the closing date of application.