Advisors for Higher Education affairs
- Initial name: Karim
- Father name: Salih
- Date & place of birth: 1st July 1948/ Goptapa/ Koya/ Erbil/Iraq
- Married status: married
- General specialization: plant physiology
- Minor Specialization: Plant Hormones
- Language: Kurdish, Arabic & English
- Email: karim. abdul mhe@krg. Org
- Full name: prof. dr. karim salih Abdul
- Job title: Minsters advisor for higher education affairs
- Brief job description: giving advices and suggestions to the Minster for all issues regarding higher education (both undergraduate and post- graduate) in the universities of Kurdistan region. Suggestion approval on the decisions and recommendations of the university councils. In addition to, running and admistrating of various comities related to higher education issues.
- Baccalaureate, science branch, koysinjaq secondary school, kaya, Erbil, Iraq, (1966).
- B.Sc. plant production, Agriculture Collage, University of Mosul, Mosul, Iraq (1970).
- M.Sc. plant physiology, College of Agriculture, University of Reading, Reading England (1973).
- Ph.D. plant physiology, College of Agriculture, University of Reading, Reading England (1976).
- Demonstrator, Dept. of plant production, Coll. of Agriculture, Uni. of Sulamani, Iraq (1971- 1972).
- Lecturer, Dep. of Horticulture, Coll. of Agriculture, University of Sulamani, Iraq (1976- 1980).
- Assistant professor, Dep. of Horticulture, Univ. of Agriculture, University of Salahaddin, Ebil, Iraq (1981- 1986).
- Professor, Dept. of Biology, Coll of Education, University of Salahaddin, Ebil, Iraq (1986- up to date).
- Head of the Department of Horticulture, Coll. of Agriculture, university of Sulamani, Iraq (1978- 1982).
- Dean of the Coll. of Agriculture, University of Sulamani, Iraq (1980- 1981).
- Dean of the Coll. of Education, University of Salahaddin, Erbi, Iraq (1994- 2004).
- Member of Higher Education Council of Kurdistan Region (1993- 2004).
- Secretary & Head of the Scientific Journal of Salahaddin University, Erbil, Iraq for about 10 years.
- Minister’s adviser for Higher Education Affairs, Ministry of Higher Education & Scientific Research, Iraq, Kurdistan Region from 29/8/ 2007 – up to date.
- Attended different Scientific National & International Conferences, especially Biological & Agricultural conferences.
- Published more than 65 papers in both National (Mainly university scientific journals) and international Scientific Journals (Mainly Annals of Botany, London, England).
- Wrote many Scientific Articles (in Kurdish & Arabic) published in different magazines mainly those of the “Ministry of Agriculture” & “University” Magazines.
- Leader of the team of assessment of 3 agricultural projects, which are published by the Iraqi Ministry of Agriculture.
- Shared in preparation of strategic plan for Education and Higher Education in Iraq, & Kurdistan Region.
Supervision of postgraduate students:
- Supervised more than 38 postgraduate students (Master and Ph.D.) mainly in the field of plant physiology, the majority of them were in Salahaddin University and others in different Kurdistan Regional Universities (Dohuk & Sulmani).
Membership of professional Bodies:
- Kurdistan Region of Iraq, Biologists Syndicate.
- Kurdistan Teacher’s Society.